Thursday, August 23, 2012

Aran Socks Preview

In the next few weeks, as the weather will be getting colder in other parts of the world (it's never been very warm in Ireland), I will list a new type of sock in my Etsy shop. These socks are very warm and thick, knitted with Aran weight yarn (the yarn that's used for Aran sweaters, with beautiful cable patterns, worn by fishermen off the coast of Ireland, who need very warm jumpers out against the rough sea). 

I have finished a few pairs already:


The yarn consists of 25% wool, 75% acrylic. It's very soft and I love knitting with it. I'd like to have for each colour one pair of plain rip, a fancy cable pattern (such as the xoxo pattern), a 3-stripes pattern with shades of grey, a 2-stripes pattern with grey and maybe one with different coloured heel and tip. There are so many options!

These socks can be bought in my Etsy shop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment